Editing a Scheduled Meeting
The system administrator, the meeting creator, and the chair can edit (or change) the meeting details.
Note If more than one person has been the chair of a meeting, the most recent chair is the only chair who can edit or delete the meeting when it is finished.
Which details you can change depends on the meeting state:
- Active: You cannot edit many of the details for a meeting that is in progress (or active). During the meeting, you can change the duration of the meeting or end the meeting. See Monitoring the Length of the Meeting.
- Scheduled: You can change any of the details for a scheduled meeting.
- Finished: You can change most of the details for a finished meeting.
To edit a meeting:
- Click the meeting name. The meeting details appear.
- Click Edit Meeting. The appropriate meeting tabs appear. See Creating a Scheduled Meeting for information about each of the tabs.
- Make any changes you want to the meeting information.
Tip To delete files (slides), on the Slides tab scroll to the bottom of the page where previously added files are listed. Select the Delete file check box next to the appropriate files. The files are deleted when you click Save in step 4.
- Click Save.
Note If you are editing a meeting that repeats, and you have not changed the date or time of the meeting, the Repeating Meeting dialog box appears. Select one of the options below, and then click OK to save your changes.
- Select "Just this meeting" to apply the changes you have made to this meeting only. None of the other meetings in the series are affected.
- Select "This meeting and all subsequent occurrences" to apply the changes you have made to this meeting and every future meeting in the series.
- Select "This meeting and all previous occurrences" to apply the changes you have made to this meeting and every previous meeting in the series. For example, select this option if you changed the meeting name and you want the meetings that have already occurred to have the same name.
- Select "All occurrences" to apply the changes you have made to all occurrences in the series of meetings.
Note The options for "This meeting and all previous occurrences" and "All occurrences" are only available if you are using the Enterprise Meeting Server (EMS). The EMS is not a part of Lotus Sametime. See your system administrator for more information.
- If you are editing a meeting that repeats and you click Occurrences, the Repeat Rules dialog box appears. Select one of the options below, fill in any other necessary fields in the dialog box (just as you would when scheduling a repeating meeting), and click OK to save your changes.
- Select "Just this meeting" to change the date of the meeting you are currently editing only.
- Select "This meeting and all subsequent occurrences" to change the date for the current meeting and every future meeting in the series. For example, select this option if you want to reschedule every meeting in the series from 9 AM on Tuesdays to 10 AM on Wednesdays.
Note If you cannot choose "Just this meeting" or "This meeting and all subsequent occurrences," you can only change the date for this particular occurrence of the meeting. Choose a new date for the meeting and click OK.
Note If you change the date or time of the meeting and a telephone conference call is associated with the meeting, the call is automatically rescheduled. If there is a problem rescheduling the telephone call, the meeting will not be rescheduled. When changing information about a telephone conference call, you must enter a user name and password if they are required and if you did not create the meeting.
Note If your system administrator has enabled e-mail meeting details notification, the meeting creator will automatically be sent meeting details when you edit a meeting.